Aviation Attorneys and Legal Concerns
Click here for more information.
NEW! “Good Grief: Is there a better way to be bereaved?” from the “New Yorker” magazine FEB. 2010. Click here to read the full article.
Grief and the Holidays:
- Coping on Your Own terms, from MayoClinic
- Let’s Re-Think this Holiday Thing: Dealing with grief around the holidays by M. Regina Asaro, MS, RN, CT
- Helping Yourself Heal During the Holiday Season by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.
Grief and Recovery – Issues Unique to Aviation Disasters, prepared by NADA/F members
Mental Health Matters, by M. Regina Asaro, MS, RN, CT:
A series of short articles with caring and helpful thoughts for working through loss and personal trauma:
- Not Just One Trauma, Not Just One Loss
- Air Disasters and PTSD
- Loss is Hard Enough
- Processing Grief
- Feeling “Stuck” in Grief
Aviation Disaster Family Assistance Act of 1996:
NADA/F Founding Members wrote, promoted and passed the Family Assistance Act to provide support services to survivors and air crash family members. Learn more about the support available and history of the legislation.
To learn more about the NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board) and their Office of Transportation Disaster Assistance, which was founded after the legislation passed, click here. For links to copies of the actual legislation, Amendments, and documents, visit Aviation Disaster Family Assistance Act of 1996 on our links page.
Mental Health Services After an Aviation Disaster, by William Rizzo, PsyD
- Read a brief overview of the topic.
- Dissertation, including results of a survey with NADA/F Members, accident statistics and trends, impact of disasters, other transportation disasters, providing organized psychological care to the air transport industry, and references to other aviation disaster studies. Open in PDF.
NADA/F Family Support Team – FSTeam © 2003:
FSTeam past meetings and group training:
- NOVA, February 2001
- Meeting with the American Red Cross, February 7, 2000
- NADA/F Sponsored NOVA crisis response training, October 18-22, 1999
- Meeting with the American Red Cross, April 1998, NADA/F report: “What family members need.”